Our speaker for this month’s lecture is Deb York who has a clinical focus in endocrine psychiatry for the treatment of a variety of psychiatric illnesses. Ms York has specialized expertise in pharmacological treatments of mood disorders, involving menopause, andropause, PMS, PMDD, and post-partum depression.
Ms. York will be discussing how hormones play an important role in mental and physical health, as well as wellbeing. She will be sharing some clinical pearls on the importance of pharmacogenetics testing and the relationship to hormones. In addition, Ms. York will be examining how some disorders are caused by hormone imbalances and how replacing hormones can be key to resolving symptoms.
Upon completion of this workshop, the healthcare professional will be able:
- Identify the role that hormones play in mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Discuss the importance of pharmacogenetics testing and the relationship to hormones.
- Examine disorders cause by hormonal imbalances and the importance of hormone replacement therapy.
- Address the role of progesterone and estradiol in managing peri-menopausal symptoms.
- Describe the essential role thyroid hormones play in the development and function of the central nervous system.